Jobs at Harvest
Senior Computer Technician
Harvest is recruiting for a full time Senior Computer Technician. Interested candidates can submit a completed application to the Church Office. The recruitment for this position will remain open until the position is filled.
The Senior Computer Technician provides technical assistance, training and/or support in the use of IT hardware and/or software to users. This position supports organizational needs in the maintenance and operation of an extensive computer system; provides technical support for operating system software, central computer operations, data communications software and distributed processing systems. The Senior Computer Technician position differs from the Computer Technician in that the senior level has Project Management responsibility from inception to completion, and may supervise Computer Technicians and Help Desk personnel. He/She serves with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Harvest Christian Fellowship.
Troubleshoot and coordinate resolution to desktop communication problems and remote system connections.
Monitor trouble call/resolution information; follow-up on and/or report aged calls to ensure timely response.
Troubleshoot software and/or equipment errors and coach users in correcting reported problems.
Inform and train users in equipment/software operation.
Prepare and maintain technical documentation and procedures.
Install, configure and test hardware and/or software.
Carry out security administration by maintaining tables and adding/purging/migrating users.
Coordinate equipment deliveries, software licensing compliance and inventory/asset control.
Perform preventative maintenance and repair hardware.
Analyze and make recommendations on response time, training design, user support needs or customer satisfaction.
Develop and conduct training in operation and use of hardware and software.
Consult with users on re-engineering business processes and the use of technology, products and services.
Prepare reports or proposals for service.
Research, evaluate and test hardware and software products and systems solutions.
May also supervise Computer Technicians and Help Desk personnel.
Provide information to supervisors, staff and outside contacts by telephone, in written form, email and/or in person.
Keep up-to-date with new technology and equipment.
Develop constructive / cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
Represent Harvest favorably to the staff, public and other external sources.
Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
Harvest Security Officer - Part-time
Harvest's Security Department is hiring for Part-time Security Officer.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced private security professional who also possesses a solid relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord. This individual must possess excellent communication skills a strong work ethic, a humble spirit and a heart to serve our church. A proficiency in weapons manipulation of small arms and non-lethal tactics is required. Military and law enforcement background is highly encouraged but not necessary. Our officers approach the mission of protecting our church and school in a way that puts the gospel first and this new participant will need to contribute to that mission much more like a calling then a job.
- The position is armed
- Starts at $15 per hour
- Part-time 28hr maximum
- Must have a “BSIS California Guard Card
- Must have Exposed Weapons Permit current and active
- Analyzing and assessing security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities to protect individuals and property associated with Harvest Christian Fellowship and its congregants.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect the presence of intrusion and ensure physical security of the campus.
- Patrol and monitor premises to protect personnel and physical/intellectual property from loss, physical threats, assault, harassment, kidnapping and/or stalking.
- Conduct screening of individuals and vehicles to prevent passage of prohibited items to minimize threats and disturbances.
- Perform crowd management during major events.
- Control entry and exit to and from secured areas, screen authorization identification and authorized equipment.
- Enforce campus policies, and evict or apprehend violators using force only within guidelines and as necessary; and ensure the proper transfer of custody to the authorities in such instances.
- Provide personal protection to designated VIP’s and their families to include physical escort
- Write reports of daily activities and annotate all irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, and/or unusual occurrences.
- Confer with management to assist in developing, planning and implementing individual and corporate security policies and procedures.
Please follow the link to apply for this position.
HCS Substitute Teacher
Harvest Christian School is currently recruiting for Substitute Teachers. This is an on-call position and the hours will vary. Duties include but are not limited to taking over the responsibilities of the classroom teacher, educational instruction, and student management. This recruitment will remain open until the position has been filled.
•Elementary level teaching experience
Desired Experience and Abilities:
• ACSI Certificate
• CA Teaching Credential
Listener Services Associate
The Listener Services Department is recruiting for TWO part time Listener Services Associates. The work shifts for each position are Monday through Friday 5:15 AM - 10:15 AM and Monday through Friday 12:50 PM - 5:50 PM. This recruitment will remain open until the positions have been filled.
- Answer phones taking orders
- Process mail
- Placing orders and gifts
- Open unit
- Close unit
A Listener Services Associate processes entry level, to moderately complex purchase orders for procurement, supplies products and/or materials, answers inquires and provides callers with information, package order requests, pick-up and deliver mail and other items between campuses and departments. This position supports the Purchasing, Warehouse, Call-center, Fulfillment and the Mailroom departments. He/She serves with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Harvest Christian Fellowship.
Essential Functions (these functions are not meant to be exhaustive and are subject to change at any time)
Receive and process supply and equipment orders for Harvest departments.
Reviews inventory quantities and orders more items when necessary or as directed by Purchasing Manager. Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices and orders.
Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages and discrepancies for reporting, accounting and recordkeeping purposes.
Determine shipping methods, routes and rates for goods to be shipped.
Provide customer service to staff, outside vendors and supplier about order status, changes, or cancellations.
Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
Answer telephones, direct calls, take messages and transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence and prepare outgoing mail.
Process online, mail and telephone donation and product orders.
Communicate with staff and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints.
Use current software programs to create, maintain and manage data.
Compile, copy, sort file records, business transactions and other ministry activities.
Maintain and update filing, inventory and mailing systems, either manually or electronically.
Operate office equipment, such as scanners, fax machines, paper shredders, voice mail systems and personal computers or laptops.
Represent Harvest in a positive manner to the public and external sources,
Provide information to supervisors and other team members and build constructive and cooperative working relationships.
The Maintenance Department is recruiting for a full time Maintenance Worker. This recruitment will remain open until the position has been filled.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to lift furniture, props, equipment, tools etc. at varying weight levels
DESIRED Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Job description is below but is not exhaustive:
The Maintenance Worker performs entry-level to moderately complex maintenance activities under supervision; such activities include painting and carpentry, repairs of electrical or mechanical equipment, installing new equipment; repairing buildings, floors or stairs. This position must be able to work well on a team; as well as independently, have strong attention to detail, safety awareness, able to follow instructions effectively and deliver results in a timely manner. He serves with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Harvest Christian Fellowship.
• Use hand and/or power tools; such as hammers, saws, drills and wrenches. Use precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
• Assist with the inspection, operation or testing of machines or equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
• Help with the assembling, installation or repairs of wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
• Cover surfaces to protect them during painting, fill cracks and holes with fillers, apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, apply paint or other finishes to buildings or other structures.
• Receive instructions from supervisors to determine work requirements and ask clarifying questions.
• Help remove fixtures; such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps or electric switch covers and erect scaffolding or setup ladders.
• Move materials/supplies to and from storage by using a hand trucks/forklift, stack in locations using pallets/cargo boards; attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
• Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected and kept clean.
• Develop constructive / cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
• Represent Harvest favorably to the staff, public and other external sources.
• Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
The Custodial Department is currently recruiting for part time Custodians. Approximate hours per week are 20-28, and the shifts are afternoons, evenings and Sundays or any combination of the three. If you or someone you know might be interested in these positions, please submit an application for consideration. This recruitment will remain open until the positions have been filled.
Please see below for the job description.
A Custodian keeps buildings clean and in orderly condition. This entry-level position is responsible for performing routine cleaning duties; such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties also include notifying management of any needed repairs. Activities are both indoors and outdoors, and may require travel between satellite campuses. He/She serves with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Harvest Christian Fellowship.
· Service, clean and supply restrooms.
· Gather and empty trash.
· Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
· Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
· Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
· Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
· Request supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
· Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees.
· Monitor building security and safety, such as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliances used to ensure that hazards are not created.
· Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.