Very delicious and very easy. People think you worked so hard…Shhh! Don’t tell!
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients except the chicken. Slice the chicken into long, thin strips (about 3 inches long by 1 inch wide) and add to marinade. Turn chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Bring the coconut milk to a simmer in a small saucepan. Whisk in the curry paste until dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in peanut butter, stock, and sugar. Reduce heat and cook until smooth, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lime juice and salt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare grill and thread marinated chicken onto soaked bamboo skewers. Place on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once. Serve with peanut sauce and Rice Noodles and Cucumber Relish.