Baked Butternut Squash Chips
This is a fun healthy snack my kids will actually eat. It’s very simple and cheap! Enjoy.
- 2 butternut squash, preferably with long necks
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut the necks off the base of the squash. Peel each neck and slice it into thin slices.
- Drop the slices into the boiling water and boil them for 2 minutes. This helps the squash get crispy when baked. After the two minutes, drain and rinse them under cool water. Pat to get rid of all excess water.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper, then top them with the slices. Be careful that the slices do not touch. Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on a little salt. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chips until crispy, for about 15–20 minutes. Keep your eye on them though and remove when they turn brown and crispy.