This dish is so delicious that no one can believe how easy it is! My family and friends all love this recipe. It has quickly become one of the Hurley family favorites! It’s great for potlucks or large get-togethers.
All you need is:
- 1 3–4 pound pork tenderloin roast or pork shoulder
- 1 large sweet onion
- Olive oil
- 16 ounces of your favorite green salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 heavy 6–8 quart pan with lid
What you do is:
- On stovetop over medium heat, sauté sliced onions in about 4 tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown, and then remove. Add a little more oil and brown all sides of the roast, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add onions back in and pour your salsa over the top.
- Place pot with lid into 300 degree oven and cook until it falls apart (approximately 4 hours).
- Shred into small pieces.
- Serve with tropical salsa on a grilled flour tortilla with diced green onions, cilantro, and an avocado slice and enjoy!
Hint: you can also prepare this dish using chicken or beef. (I like to use a red salsa with the chicken.)