With the summer months here, I like to do as much outdoor cooking as possible! Here is a recipe for a great pasta salad that incorporates grilled veggies to make it healthy and delicious. This can be quite a meal in itself or a great side dish to bring to your next beach picnic!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 bunch of green onions
- 1 bag of spiral noodles
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- Your favorite dressing (I prefer ranch or a vinaigrette on this one.)
- Start by boiling noodles till al dente (slightly hard, not mushy) according to the instructions on the package. Drain; then run under cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Chop or slice up the veggies and place them in a big Ziploc with salt and pepper and pour approx 1/2 cup balsamic over them. Seal the bag and shake to coat the veggies. Do not use this process on the corn or green onion; they will go on the grill whole and dry.
- Put all veggies on the grill to char, flipping once, depending on the heat. I like mine on medium-high for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Dice up veggies and romaine lettuce.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve!