This is a tart cheesecake that’s perfect for summer entertaining.
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
In a lightly greased springform pan, mix the cookie crumbs and butter. Press lightly onto the sides and bottom of the pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 8 minutes. Set aside.
For cheesecake filling:
- 3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- The juice of 1 orange, 1 lime, and 1 lemon
- The rind of 1 orange, 1 lime, and 1 lemon (1 tablespoon total)
- 3 eggs
For lemon curd sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 2 lemons (more if needed)
- Rind of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 drop of yellow food coloring
To make the filling:
- In a mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, juice, and rind from citrus. Mix until smooth. Add 1 egg at a time, mixing in between. Add 1 tablespoon of flour. (Do not over-mix.)
- Place a 9×13 pan filled with water on the bottom shelf of your oven. This prevents your cheesecake from drying out.
- Pour mixture into the springform pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 F.
- Let cool and then gently remove the sides of your pan. Chill at least 8 hours.
To make the lemon curd sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, add 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of cornstarch. Mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water, rind of 1 lemon, and juice of two lemons (more to taste if you like it extra tart).
- Stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and a drop of yellow food coloring to enhance the color.
- Pour over cheesecake and cool for 30 minutes.