This recipe is a great alternative for the standard green bean casserole. It is much loved and requested at our holiday get-togethers.
- 1 large bunch of broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon of minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons of cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Steam broccoli until bright green (don’t overcook), and arrange in a buttered baking dish
- Combine the cottage cheese, onions, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, eggs, and half of the butter. Pour over the broccoli.
- Mix the remaining butter with the bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the top of mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.