Recently I was watching a wedding scene in a movie I had seen many times. This time, I noticed these lights hanging in the background. They looked so adorable, so unique, I had to make myself a strand. Once summer hit and all the lights were being sold, I grabbed myself a strand of bulb lights and Asian-style take-out containers and went to work. These are so cute for weddings, parties, or just some decorations to your outdoor patio. And since the containers are made of thick vellum, they should last you all summer!
What you will need:
- A strand of bulb lights (You can use clear or colored lights; I got mine at Target.)
- Frosted (thick vellum) take-out containers from your local craft store. You will need half the amount of the bulbs. For example, if you have 20 lights, you will need 10 containers.
- Lay your lights out. Unscrew every other bulb and set them aside in a safe spot.
- Make sure your containers are free and clear of any stickers or price tags on them. Take your first container and turn it over to the bottom. Poke a small hole with your scissors; then cut a small X. Each cut of the X should be about half an inch long.
- Next, unfold the flaps of the container, and cut the ends of the folds off so they are straight and even. Make sure you still keep the folds there; only cut off the ends.
- Now take your container and insert the empty light socket inside the X, so that the socket is inside the container bottom. Screw the light bulb back on, inside the container.
- Repeat for all the rest of the containers and bulbs you have removed.
- Now plug them in and enjoy!