This is a real crowd-pleaser and gets eaten up so quickly. It is so fun to make and I always double the recipe.
- 2 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers (measured after chopping)
- 2 teaspoons caper juice from jar of capers
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the tips of the artichoke leaves.
- Place the artichokes in a large pot of water—enough to cover artichokes.
- Add salt and lemon.
- Cook for about 30 minutes. Artichokes should not be completely done—a little firm.
- Remove from water and let cool.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise and remove purple petals and fuzz.
- Mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce in a large plastic bag.
- Put artichokes in bag. Seal the bag; turn and coat.
- Marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Combine remoulade sauce ingredients in a food processer and pulse until combined. Do not over-process.
- Sprinkle artichokes with sea salt and put on grill for about 5 to 7 minutes on cut side, turn and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Put the remoulade sauce in a small serving bowl. Put the artichokes on a plate around the bowl.