This fresh and light pasta recipe is great as a meal or a great accompaniment to any BBQ or social gathering. It’s quick and simple to prepare, and all the fresh ingredients give it a delicious flavor.
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of cooked penne pasta
- 2 cups of halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of finely-chopped onions
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 chopped, peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup of queso fresco (3 ounces)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the poblano and bell peppers in half, lengthwise, and discard the seeds.
- Place the pepper halves, skin-side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the peppers by hand, and add the corn to the baking sheet.
- Broil for 18 minutes, turning the corn occasionally, until the peppers are blackened and the corn is browned.
- Place the peppers in a zip-top bag, seal, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and coarsely chop.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cob.
- Combine the juice, oil, salt, black pepper, cumin, and garlic in a bowl. Add the peppers, corn, pasta, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Toss the mixture and top with crumbled cheese