Like many I always thought cleaning green did not have the same effect that store brand products, but not only does cleaning green work just as well if not better, it is so much safer to use both for your health and the environment around us and at a fraction of the price! You can get started by using items you already have on hand.
Here are just a few products to get you started:
- Baking Soda
- Olive oil or Grape seed oil
- Natural Essence oils (found at your local health food store)
Use the following in order:
- 1/4 cup Borax
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/4 Cup Castile soap
- Natural essence oil of your choice (3-4 drops)
The hot water will dissolve the Borax when you shake well.
This can be used safely on any counter top including marble.
- 1 cup Vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Natural essence oil (this will mellow the vinegar smell)
Mix well and use on tile, windows, etc.
- 1 cup water
- 20 drops (1/4 tsp) tea tree oil
- 20 drops (1/4 tsp) lavender oil
Use this on mildew surfaces, tile, around sinks etc.
- 1 cup of olive oil or grape seed oil
- A few drops of your favorite natural essence
This works wonderfully on any wood surface. It can also be used to remove heavy soap scum from glass shower doors (rinse well with vinegar solution afterwards).
This also great for the skin!
Here are a few other ideas:
- Baking Soda and Borax are wonderful when used to scour showers, sinks and toilets. Add lemon juice and you’ve got a great rust remover.
- Use club soda on Stainless steel, or vinegar solution!
- Leave 1/4 cup Borax or Baking Soda and 1/4 teaspoon of tea tree oil in your toilet over night and just wipe down in the morning.
Cleaning green will leave your home not only spotless, but safe too!