Girl Talk 2011
Cora Alley, church dramatist, writer of dramatic literature for Christian audiences of all ages, Christian college professor, and Chair of the English Department at Hope International University in Fullerton, California talks about friendship.
Biblical Perspective on Food and Eating
Elise Fitzpatrick | Week Four
Holly Wells | Week Four
Katrina & Eric Oliver | Week Four
Cora Alley | Week Three
Carin & Erika Amaradio | Week Two
Making the Most of Your Garden
Lisa Singer | Week Two
Making Your Own Baby Food
Nichole Mills | Week Two
Tiffany Jonker | Week Two
Hope for a New Day
Catherine Martin | Week One
Lisa Singer | Week One
Party Planning on a Budget
Jeanine Hardgrave | Week One
You're Invited to Girl Talk
For four weeks in July, 2011, the "Girl Talk" Summer Study focused on relevant topics to us as women. We hope you will join us in opening our hearts to exploring questions such as:
- Has your personal quiet time with the Lord become a "have to" and not a "get to"? Are you in a devotional rut? Do you need some suggestions to help your quiet time be more enriching?
- Have you experienced hardships within your friendships? What can we do when we are hurt by friends? How can we be the friends God intends for us to be?
- Do you have a handle on your spending? Why did Jesus speak so frequently about money? How can we learn to live within our means and not feel deprived?
- Do you control what you eat, or does what you eat control you? Why do some of us love to eat, and some of us hate to eat?
These subjects are so much a part of our everyday lives as women, and as Christians we can find our answers in Jesus Christ!
We heard from notable authors and speakers: Catherine Martin, author and director of Quiet Time Ministries; mother and daughter Carin and Erika Amaradio; Professor Cora Alley of Hope International University; and last but not least, prolific author and teacher Elise Fitzpatrick of Counsel from the Cross Ministries.
|Week One:||Faith | Catherine Martin|
|Week Two:||Finances | Carin and Erika Amaradio|
|Week Three:||Friendship | Cora Alley|
|Week Four:||Food | Elyse Fitzpatrick|
Each week we also featured some fun and practical demonstrations by the talented girls at Virtue.
- A fashion show of the latest attractive and affordable trends
- Tips for fresh, quick, and healthy meals for baby and family
- Party decorating on a budget
- Book reviews
- Exercising for every age
- And more!