Harvest: Where Hearts and Communities Flourish
Harvest Crusades—also known as Harvest with Greg Laurie events—are faith-building, soul-stirring gatherings that not only change lives, but unite entire communities. Hosted by hundreds of local churches in cities around the world, the Harvest Crusades bring diverse communities of faith together to share the love of God with those around them. Like any large event, Harvest takes significant planning, collaboration and cooperation, as well as good old-fashioned hard work. But when the work is done, lives flourish spiritually.
"Jesus told us there is great joy in Heaven when a person trusts in Him. So there certainly should be joy in having a role in introducing that person to Christ," says Greg Laurie, founder of Harvest Crusades.
- SOME PREPARE: Months in advance, hundreds of local churches from various denominations unite to form a hosting committee to invite Harvest Crusades to their city and organize local outreach.
- SOME SEED: Some 900,000 invitations to the 2016 SoCal Harvest will be distributed, many of them hand-delivered by local students from Greg Laurie's church in Southern California, Harvest Christian Fellowship.
- SOME CULTIVATE: 6,500 people will volunteer at the 2016 SoCal Harvest. Whether they are setting up the stage, handing out programs, or serving as follow-up workers, each and every volunteer is invested in the effort. After the outreach, local churches follow up with attendees who made the decision to commit their lives to Christ and invite them into community.
- ALL SHARE THE HARVEST: In one weekend, thousands of hearts and lives can be transformed in a community, as well as around the globe.
- AROUND THE GLOBE: Harvest events are live streamed, giving local communities one more way to invite people to participate. To date, nearly 1.8 million people have viewed a live Harvest outreach virtually, and 16,083 people have entered into a relationship with Christ as a result.
- ACROSS AMERICA: Hundreds of thousands of people across the country have participated in Harvest's evangelism campaign called Harvest America, where the message of the Gospel presented at Harvest Crusades events is taken to multiple sites across the U.S. and around the world via satellite and a live streaming webcast. The 2016 Harvest America outreach at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, was live streamed to more than 7,200 remote host locations around the world, with combined attendance of 350,000, making it the largest one-day live evangelistic event ever for U.S. audiences.
Since 1990, 5.6 million people around the world have attended Harvest Crusade events and 476,200 people have committed their lives to Christ as a result of the message of hope presented by Greg Laurie.
EDITOR'S NOTE: 2016 SoCal Harvest staff and volunteers are available for interviews. Please contact Laura McGowan at (847) 347-5206 or at Laura@lauramcgowan.com for more information.
Download a PDF version of this article.
Media ContactLaura McGowan
Phone: (847) 347-5206