Prayer Warrior ClubChildren's Ministry
"Never stop praying." - 1 Thessalonians 5:17
If your child has made that first step in asking Jesus into his heart, you won't want to pass up the opportunity to enroll him in the Prayer Warrior Club. Why? Because the prayer club is designed to teach kids all about what prayer really is, why prayer is so exciting, what happens when they pray, why they need to put on the armor of God, what each piece of the armor is and what it is used for, etc. We will help your child discover how he or she can become a prayer warrior too. Our mascot, Prayer Warrior, challenges the kids with his motto: "When I get on my knees, I can stand up to anything!"
As a member of the Prayer Club, your child will receive a prayer journal, a refrigerator magnet to remember to pray, a monthly newsletter, birthday recognition, encouragement to turn in prayer/praise cards for family, friends, and neighbors, etc.
Prayer Warrior, the club mascot, wants you to join him in the Prayer Warrior Club.
Did you know that prayer is one of the most exciting gifts we as God's children have? It is! Prayer is spending time with God and talking to Him in the same way you talk to your family or friends. God is so awesome! He made everything there is. He made the heavens and the earth. And best of all he made you; you are his most precious creation.
If you become part of the Prayer Warrior Club, we would like to help you understand:
- When you can pray — You can talk to God anytime, and anyplace.
- Why you should pray — God wants us to pray. He is all-knowing, all-loving, and all-powerful. God is the only one who knows what's best for you, and He loves you so much that He wants to bless you. God can do anything, and He will answer all of your prayers according to His will.
- How to pray — God teaches us in His Word, the Bible, how to pray. In this club we will be sharing what the Bible teaches about prayer.
The next thing you should know about the Prayer Warrior Club is what it includes. By being a part of the club, you will receive:
Monthly newsletters that have:
- Prayer requests and praise reports received from kids just like you.
- Devotions and articles that teach on the subject of prayer and other important life lessons
- Activities such as crafts, coloring pages, etc.
- A Prayer Warrior magnet (to hold your prayer requests and remind you to pray)
- A new membership card each year
- Special birthday recognitions
This club is just for you! Your prayer requests and praise reports are very important. When you fill out a card, we will put your request or praise report in the newsletter so other children can pray for your needs and praise Jesus when you share how He answered your prayers. (We do not put last names on prayer requests or praise reports. This is so you can share your requests with no restrictions; God knows everyone!)
Where can you access the prayer cards?
- Prayer Warrior Club Mailbox — If you attend Harvest Riverside, there is a mailbox in the Topher's Place building. Prayer cards are available and you can drop them off anytime.
- Children's Ministry Office — Cards are in the office at all times, and you may drop them off during our regular office times (Monday–Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.) or during church services.
- Through the Website — With your parent or guardian, you can send your prayer needs by clicking here.
The goal of the Children's Ministry is that as you learn more about this wonderful gift of prayer, it will become so important to you that you will make prayer a daily practice for the rest of your life. As you do, you will grow closer to Jesus each day as you talk to Him more and more and hear from Him through His Word, the Bible! You can also tell your friends about the club so they can become a part of the Prayer Warrior Club, too.
Parents, if you have any questions, please feel free to call the Children's Ministry Office at 951-359-8529.
God Bless You,